Monday, June 28, 2010

You Need 'Mad Phone Skillz' to Convert Callers

New patient today moved up from Miami to Boynton Beach.  He was referred by another dentist down in the Miami area.   The name was vaguely familiar to me, but I can’t say I know who he is, exactly. I suspect it’s a Dentaltown dentist who knows me from my online presence there.   This happens fairly frequently.

Anyway, after today’s initial examination, the patient says to me in a bit of a hushed voice, “There’s something I’d like to talk to you about.”

Mmm-kay.

“I just wanted to tell you that when I called last Friday, nobody was here.”

Yes, we’re closed on Fridays.

“Well, I admit I was impatient, so I called another office and made an appointment.  But, after that, I called your office the next Monday anyway. And, that’s when I spoke to Jo-Ann.   And, she was such a joy on the phone… I made an appointment here and canceled the other one.”



My FD / OM is a jewel.  Everyone should have a Jo-Ann.  She DOES “smile through the phone.”   She loves her job, and she loves people.  This can't be faked, but people can certainly pick it up over the phone.  And, it's contagious.

Marketing, such as a great website or a great direct mail piece can convert prospects into callers.  But, the deal is closed on the phone.  Who answers, and how she answers, can make or break you.   It’s a lesson that merits repetition even to those of us who think we have it all figured out.  :-)

Is your website converting visitors into callers?  Learn more:  www.RevUpMyMarketing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment